Updated: Oct 10, 2021
ServCollab Ideation Workshop on REFUGEE WELLBEING
PART I: Academic Perspective
ServCollab is excited to announce the launch of the Ideation Workshop on Refugee Wellbeing to bring together like-minded participants to discuss and identify potential projects to collaborate on issues related to refugee wellbeing.
Part 1 of this workshop will take place on Friday, October 15, 2021 at 9:00 (EDT), 14:00 (BST), 16:00 (EEST) via Zoom:
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 920 1771 5338
Part 1 of this workshop will focus on Academic Perspective where three participants will share their experiences with and perspectives about doing refugee-related research.
Participants are recommended to read the following articles before the workshop to familiarize themselves with some of the recent refugee related research and have more concrete ideas about potential research topics.
1. Boenigk, Silke, Raymond Fisk, Sertan Kabadayi, Linda Alkire, Lilliemay Cheung, Canan Corus, Jörg Finsterwalder, Aaron A. Kreimer, Nadina Luca, Mansour Omeira, Pallab Paul, Marcos F. Santos and Nina Smidt (2021), "Rethinking Service Systems and Public Policy: A Transformative Refugee Service Experience Framework," Journal of Public Policy & Marketing, 40 (2), 165-183. https://doi.org/10.1177/0743915620962815.
2. Boenigk, Silke, Becker, Annika; Kreimer, Aaron A; Alkire, Linda; Fisk, Raymond and Sertan Kabadayi (2021), “Transformative Service Initiatives: Enabling Access and Overcoming Barriers for People Experiencing Vulnerability”, Journal of Service Research. https://doi.org/10.1177/10946705211013386
3. Shultz, Clifford J., Andres Barrios, Alexander V. Krasnikov, Ingrid Becker, Aronte M. Bennett, Renu Emile, et al. (2020), “The Global Refugee Crisis: Pathway for a More Humanitarian Solution,” Journal of Macromarketing, 40 (1), 128–43. https://doi.org/10.1177/0276146719896390
4. Fehsenfeld, Michael and Klaus Levinsen (2019), “Taking Care of the Refugees: Exploring Advocacy and Cross-Sector Collaboration in Service Provision for Refugees,” Voluntas, Vol. 30, pp. 422-435.
5. Benezer, Gadi and Roger Zetter (2014), “Searching for Directions: Conceptual and Methodological Challenges in Researching Refugee Journeys,” Journal of Refugee Studies, Vol. 28 No. 3, pp. 297-318.
Please register for this event using this link.
We are looking forward to seeing you all on October 15!